The need for a new method of payment has been discussed for several years.
This is how Bitcoin was born as an idea. Every day, it seems to be more relevant to business owners and to enterprises.
A host of questions spring to mind: where it originated from, who created it, whether it is safe, among others. That is why here you can learn about how it got started and what it represents today.
Who created Bitcoin?
In 2008, a man, concealed behind the pseudonym of Satoshi Nakamoto, wrote an essay titled “A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System”.
In it, an electronic payment method without the need for a trusted third party appears. Just months later, in 2009, this new method has been used to have access to good and services.
This system used Bitcoin as a currency.
After it has been accepted, some other virtual currencies began in 2011. They are also known as “cryptocurrencies”. However, Bitcoin stood out amongst the rest.
Why Bitcoin is catching on?
These are just some of the features that make Bitcoin perfect.
- A new vision: Bitcoin finds economic transactions across the world odd, because they have always been a question of trust. Today’s common and widespread currency does not as such exist. It is a very ancient and useful human invention that facilitates change of ownership of services and goods. The money is useless on its own and is purely a means of exchange between existing wealth. But the truth is that to make some money, you need to work. If you don’t, you die. And this is real. With a few exceptions, the money is known to cover costs.
- Digital payments: We must also take into account the large population of shoppers who make online payments. They are already getting used to the situation. To pay for the purchases without using cash is preferred. To such a degree, that when Bitcoin appears, easily adapted to the users of digital technologies and networks.
- Regulation: It has to be mentioned that Bitcoin is a decentralized mechanism for exchange. This means that it is not covered by any current regulation. In contrast to traditional currencies, organized by entities and specialized agencies, with Bitcoin you can get your money at any time without any type of additional cost.
Where can you buy with Bitcoins?
Technology is now making it possible to buy quickly, easily and in a comfortable manner.
With that in mind, some companies consider it opportune to adapt to the new market context and to preserve their competitiveness.
Even project themselves into the future. This involves a new concept of currency called “Bitcoin”. As you already know, this currency does not physically exist, but it has the potential to buy something you need or want.
The following is a selection of things you can do with such a currency:
- Travel – Virgin Galactic. It is a company that offers extreme holidays. It is not a matter of regular flights. This firm offers an unforgettable holiday experience in outer space and challenge the boundaries of the earth’s atmosphere. Since 2013, they work with Bitcoins. So, what are you waiting for? Dare to defy all the limits of space with your cryptocurrencies!
- Gambling – Punt Casino. This online betting game offers you the possibility to earn more money. It is considered to be one of the most prestigious bitcoin casinos in the premium sector. It also supports all standard payment methods (Visa, Mastercard, among others). Nevertheless, you can also use another equivalent means of payment, such as Bitcoins. They say that virtual currencies provide privacy, security and peace of mind. Further, no entity will have the power of your earnings data. Be the absolute owner of your own money!
- Advertising – WordPress. It is today the biggest interface for content management of the world. Since 2015, it has contributed to higher traffic and online sales, offering its clients the option of paying via Bitcoins for its services provided. It is not a coincidence, but rather a necessity. As it is, it seems that this cryptocurrency has important benefits and more companies are joining it all the time.